Whole-House Duct Cleaning
*Up to 15 total vents (supply and return) – $25 per additional supply or return. Call us for details and restrictions.
Why is duct cleaning so important? You know that stuff you see floating around in the air? Well, it’s 80% dead skin along with hundreds of allergy and illness-causing pollutants and contaminants. This stuff circulates through your air ducts… some of it finds a home there, some of it keeps blowing through for you to breath in over and over again, and some of it stops off to breed and multiply before getting back in the airflow. Since most of us spend up to 90% of our time inside, this is a really big problem. What’s the answer?
A Williams Comfort Air duct cleaning technician uses specialized tools to dislodge dirt and debris in your airflow systems. Then, your ducts are thoroughly sanitized. Whole-house duct cleaning includes cleaning your system’s supply and return air ducts and registers, grills and diffusers, heat exchangers and cooling coils. Still wondering if you should have your ducts cleaned?
Think about what’s really in “a breath of fresh air” that comes from your air ducts…
- Dead skin cells… a dust mite’s favorite meal.
- Dust… About 40 pounds of dust is generated per 1,500 square feet every year.
- Dust mites… Each speck of dust carries about 40,000 dust mites and other illness-causing bacteria and viruses. Dust mites comprise over 50% of the weight of the average pillow. YUCK!
- Germs, bacteria, viruses, mold, mildew and fungi… Air ducts are a fertile breeding ground for these.
- Cigarette, cigar and pipe smoke… leaves air with over 3600 cancer-causing toxins that cling to our clothing and release themselves when we enter other homes and buildings.
- Chemical gases (formaldehyde, benzene, etc.) from new carpets, furniture, dry cleaning and construction… The “new” smell from your new carpet, freshly painted walls, new home, remodeled room, etc. is really the out-gassing of the chemicals used to treat these products.
- Insects and other Bugs… Insects and bugs feces is a powerful allergen. In a recent extensive study by the New England Journal of Medicine, more than half the homes tested had high levels of cockroaches. Children living in these homes were more than three times as likely to be hospitalized for asthma.
- Household Cleaners/Aerosols, Insecticides, Pesticides… We even poison the air we breathe with chemical fumes and toxins when we use these products.
- Pets… Pet dander (a pet’s dried spit that breaks off the end of its hair into the air) is a common trigger for allergies and asthma. Plus, the feces from your pet emits added contaminates into the air.
More reasons to clean your ducts…
- 9 out of 10 heating, ventilation and air conditioning system failures are caused by dirt and dust… Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service
- Clean systems restore capacity and lessen running time, which means you save more on monthly heating and cooling bills.
- Most fiberglass filters that are purchased in local stores are only 7% efficient in stopping dirt, dust, pollen, etc. from passing through them… American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and A/C Experts
- 50% of all illness is aggravated or caused by polluted air… American College of Allergies
- Today’s air-tight homes lock-in construction pollutants and everyday air contaminants.
- A recent study found that the allergen level in super-insulated homes is 200% higher than it is in ordinary homes
- A baby crawling on the floor inhales the equivalent of four cigarettes a day as a result of the out-gassing of carpets, molds, mildews, fungi, dust mites, etc… Scientific America
- 6 out of 10 homes and buildings are “sick,” meaning they are hazardous to your health to occupy as a result of airborne pollutants… Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Want more info? Ask our experts about duct cleaning.