Indianapolis Water Softener Experts
Indianapolis has some of the hardest water in the country, so it is important to consider adding a water softener to your home. The Water Quality Association classifies our water as “very hard” which means it has over 20 grains of dissolved minerals per gallon. Water hardness over 7 grains is considered hard.
Water softeners remove minerals such as calcium and magnesium and replace them with sodium or potassium which are “softer” minerals.
What are the benefits of soft water?
- It will lessen the need for repair to water pipes. – The calcium and magnesium in hard water can build up in pipes causing a blockage which can lead to clogs.
- Your clothes will last longer. – Clothing is expensive, and we want to get as much wear out of them as possible. Plus we want them to be comfortable. Washing your clothes in hard water can actually harm the fiber of your clothing, and they can feel rough and uncomfortable.
- Your skin and hair will benefit. –Soft water allows your skin to be softer and your hair to be healthier by making it easier for bacteria to be washed away.
- Your water-using appliances will last longer. –A water treatment system will protect your washing machine, dishwasher, water heater, humidifier, and refrigerator from damaging mineral build-up which will lessen the chance of equipment failure. That means less repair bills and a longer life.
- Your water will taste better. – The minerals in hard water can cause a bad smell and taste. When you add a water softener, it removes the mineral content to produce odorless drinking water that tastes good.
- You can save money. – While a water softener will be an investment, you can save money on utility bills because water-using appliances will operate more efficiently, using less energy. Plus, since those appliance can have a longer life with soft water, you won’t have to replace them as soon.
- You can use less soap for washing clothes. – Soap lathers more in soft water which means that you will need less soap to wash your clothes. This can save you money in energy and the cost of soap.
- You won’t have water spots. – Hard water leaves water spots on dishes, glasses, and utensils whether you are washing them by hand or in a dishwasher. Soft water takes care of this by lessening the minerals in the water.
- Household cleaning time can be shortened. – Soap lathers more in soft water which means that you will need less soap for general cleaning. So, it won’t take you as long to clean because you don’t need as much “elbow grease”.
- Your water heating system will operate more efficiently. – Soft water will lessen the mineral build up in your water heater and heating pipes which can improve the efficiency of the system. This allows for less heat loss and more energy output which can lower your energy bill up to 10%.
- The risk of skin diseases can be decreased. – Soft water can give your skin a soft feeling, but it can also decrease skin irritations. Studies show that using a soft water systems may help you avoid some skin issues like eczema and other dry skin problems. It can also help you have clearer, more resilient skin.
- You may recover your investment in 2 to 4 years. – Since soft water can lead to more efficient appliances, less soap usage, and less need for appliance repairs and replacement, you can save enough money over 2 to 4 years to recover your investment in the water softener.