Air Conditioner Repair in Indianapolis, Indiana
When your air conditioner needs a repair, Williams Comfort Air has professional, experienced technicians available 24/7/365 to diagnose your air conditioning problem and offer options that are in your best interest. Our cooling technicians explain the options so you can make an informed decision regarding air conditioning repair.
Call us if you notice any of the following problems:
- Unusually high energy bills
- Frequent cycling
- Warm air coming from the vents
- Musty, strange smells coming from the vents
- Overly dirty air filters
Trusted Air Conditioning Repair Services
For more than 30 years, the Williams Comfort Air team has delivered quick and reliable air conditioner repair services for homeowners in and around the Indianapolis area. Our team is available anytime, day or night, to assist when you face a cooling emergency.
Don’t sweat it out in a hot home due to a poorly performing cooling unit! Williams Comfort Air offers tested solutions to solve the specific performance issues your air conditioner or heat pump faces! Our highly trained technicians perform thorough diagnostics which allow your AC unit’s issues to be pinpointed with accuracy. With accurate diagnosis, effective repairs can be completed to ensure the issue is resolved and your air conditioner goes on to exhibit high performance throughout the season.
It’s tempting to wait for air conditioner repair, especially if the issue seems minor. Many Indianapolis homeowners try to do so because they fear the repair service fee will be expensive. Williams Comfort Air warns against this tactic because it is exactly what can make your AC repair bill high! Continued operation of an air conditioner with performance issues leads to further damage and possibly even complete system failure – your repairs are likely to be more expensive when you wait! Call us when you first notice air conditioning system issues if the troubleshooting steps discussed below do not correct the issue.
Benefits of Purchasing a CAIRfree Maintenance Agreement
Consistent maintenance of your air conditioning unit is one of the best ways to prevent repairs. Williams Comfort Air’s CAIRfree Maintenance Agreement provides you with the following benefits:
- Priority service scheduling
- 2 annual maintenance tune ups
- 2-year warranty on parts and labor
- 15% off any repairs
- 5% off any replacements
How to Fix Air Conditioner with a Quick Assessment
When your air conditioning system or heat pump is not performing as expected, it may be time to call our air conditioning and heating professionals. Before you call someone to come out and inspect the unit, make sure you do the following:
- Check Your Thermostat. Confirm the settings are correct and that you have it set to the desired temperature.
- Check Your Outdoor Unit. Walk around the outdoor AC unit and check for debris. It is common for plants to grow too close and block airflow. Occasionally, after a storm or windy day, debris from your yard become trapped in the vents. Remove debris and trim back any plants that are near the AC unit. If anything is stuck in the blades or a blade is bent, call an expert.
- Check Your Air Filter. A clogged filter affects the efficiency and performance of your air conditioner. Check it monthly and replace with a new filter as it becomes clogged with debris.
How to Fix Air Conditioning: What to Do and When to Call for HVAC Services
Here’s a list of common issues that require air conditioner repair:
Your AC unit completely stops working
- The first place to check is your thermostat. Make sure the batteries are still good ,and replace them if needed. Also, the thermostat should be set to “cooling” mode, and at the temperature setting that you desire.
- If the thermostat is in working order, check the air conditioner’s circuit breaker, and reset any tripped breakers.
- If there is still a problem with your air conditioner after these troubleshooting tips, you need to call an air conditioning expert to inspect the unit.
The air coming from the AC unit is not cold
- A common cause is a broken or disconnected return duct that is pulling in unconditioned air from outside or your attic space. Check the ducts you are able to access and repair any disconnected sections you find.
- When your A/C is blowing hot or warm air, it could a problem with the compressor/outdoor unit. It may also be that the refrigerant is low in your air conditioner. Both these issues require professional assistance to correct.
The AC unit is cooling unevenly
- Fluctuating temperatures in your home are usually the result of leaky ductwork, blocked vents/registers, or poor insulation. Check the vents throughout your home to make sure they are clean, open, and unobstructed.
Water is dripping from the AC unit
- When the drain lines or drip pan are clogged, ice may build up on the coils due to the excess moisture.
- However, frozen indoor coils are also indicative of problems with airflow from debris surrounding the AC unit, a dirty air filter, or even obstructed duct work.
- If your air conditioner is frozen, turn it off and allow it to defrost on its own. You should also call a professional HVAC technician to inspect the unit.
Strange noises coming from the AC unit
- Screeching or squealing sounds coming from the blower motor is a sign of a motor bearing problem, or a damaged belt that might break.
- Rattling, clanging, banging, or thumping is a sign of a problem with the blower or motor assembly. Call an air conditioning repair professional if you hear these noises.
- A consistent ticking or smacking noise, like playing cards on a bicycle spoke, while the blower is running usually means something is stuck in the blower blades or the housing surrounding the blower. Always turn off the air conditioning unit before inspecting the blower for debris.
- A rattling noise that happens when the fan turns on and the compression is on is likely due to a failing motor or loose hardware. Tighten any loose screws and verify that access panels are properly positioned.
- Clicking when the air conditioner powers on and off is usually a problem with a relay, which requires air conditioner repair.
The compressor fan is broken
- A broken fan can cause the system’s compressor to overheat. An overheated compressor could trigger the air conditioner’s safety controls, turning your air conditioner off. Overheating may also cause damage to the compressor itself, requiring home AC repair or compressor replacement.
The condenser coils are frozen in the outdoor unit
- When the air conditioner’s condenser coils are frozen, your system will not run properly. Poor airflow through your cooling system causes ice to form on the coils. Obstructions around the outdoor unit can cause this issue, so clear away any debris and remove vegetation within the two-foot area surrounding the unit.
- You may also need a refrigerant charge, if the refrigerant is low. An air conditioning repair technician is able diagnose the issue behind your frozen coils, resolve it, and safely thaw your coils to restore cooling in your home as well as recharge the system’s refrigerant.
Which Contractor is Right for Your Indianapolis Air Conditioner Repair?
If your home’s air conditioning system needs repairs or routine maintenance, selecting the right contractor is an important but often overwhelming task. Here are some tips to help you hire a qualified heating and cooling professional who will reliably repair air conditioning equipment in your home.
Research local companies
Visit their websites and see what their values are. How long have they been in business? How do they approach customer service?
Ask friends and family
Find out which professionals the people you trust have used and who they recommend. Your personal network is a great place to start when looking for a heating and cooling professional – your loved ones aren’t likely to steer you in the wrong direction!
Check online reviews from reliable sources
Facebook and Google provide unfiltered reviews you can check before choosing an HVAC contractor. Look at what customers have to say about their experiences, and see how the company responds to both positive and negative comments to get a picture of what it’s like to work with the contractor.
Look for a license number
You want a contractor that is licensed, bonded, and insured. A contractor should have their license number clearly marked on their website and most of their literature. Without a license, you could fall victim to poor workmanship that compromises your air conditioning system. There’s too much at stake to not follow up on this one.
Get a written estimate
A reputable heating and cooling contractor will adhere to a written bid. But be careful, the lowest bid may not be the most qualified candidate for your home.
Why Choose Us
Williams Comfort Air has been earning trust in the Greater Indianapolis area with expert air conditioning repair service since 1966. We believe the most important decision you have when needing HVAC help is the team you choose to install or repair your air conditioner. So, in addition to offering industry-leading customer service, we strive to ensure that our team members are not only technically excellent and continuously trained, but are also of high character.
Available to You 24-7-365
The Williams Comfort Air team is committed to meeting the needs of our clients 24/7, every day of the year. One of our core values is In Service to Others – whatever the day, whatever the time, one of our team members will be there for you. We repair air conditioning equipment of all types and brands.
Who Is MAX?
Max is an important part of our team. He is more than just a cartoon character. Max represents our commitment to quality work, craftsmanship, pride, and our passion to serve our clients and community. We celebrate this mentality through Max because these are the values that drive us to be the area’s most complete and comprehensive home service company. So, now when you see Max, you’ll know the story behind the man with the mustache!