Repair and Replace Indianapolis Faucets with a Licensed Plumber
Each faucet in your kitchen, bathroom, or utility room is vital to comfortable living. A leaky faucet, a loose faucet handle, low water flow, or hot and cold water supply issues sometimes occur in faucets throughout the home. Faucet parts such as the packing nut and seals inside the fixture wear out or sustain damage – faulty parts inside faucets and other plumbing issues are possible reasons your faucets leak or experience performance problems.
A leaky faucet is something that needs repair right away. When faucet issues are ignored, homeowners can unknowingly contribute to water waste – according to the Environmental Protection Agency, the average U.S. home leaks 90 gallons of water or more per day, with many sources of leaks going unknown or ignored. Beyond wasting resources, the consequences of a persistent water leak include the potential mold growth and serious water damage to areas of the home.
Don’t ignore the need for plumbing repair once you become aware of leaks in your faucets! Williams Comfort Air provides faucet repair and installation services that are guaranteed to be done right. With our plumbers’ training and considerable experience in combination with the best plumbing tools the industry has to offer, we offer a service that fits your needs – we know how to fix leaking faucets fast.
If you need to repair or replace a faucet in your Indianapolis home, contact us today to schedule service.
Expert Faucet Repair Service
Do you have a broken or leaky faucet or showerhead in your home? Even a leak that looks slow adds up to cause thousands of gallons of water waste over the months and years, causing unnecessary consumption and cost increases on your water bill. Beyond the wasting your water, the leak may also cause electrical or gas waste. Leaks affect hot and cold faucet handles, so hot and cold water may leak – if you have a hot water leak, the energy consumed by the water heater to produce it is also wasted. A leak can cause damage to the faucet, other fixtures, and even the areas nearby.
If you don’t know how to fix a leaky faucet on your own, call a professional to have repairs made fast to stop water waste. The licensed Indianapolis plumbing crew at Williams Comfort Air deliver fast and effective repair service for faucet leaks with all sorts of causes. No matter the root of the issue, we know how to fix leaky faucets of all types! Repairs for how to fix leaking faucet problems are completed in a short period of time and repair service is quite affordable – the money you’ll save on wasted water may be enough to cover the cost of service!
To ensure your plumbing repair is performed as soon as possible, we always keep faucet parts on-hand. Our plumbers arrive in fully stocked trucks that contain the parts and equipment needed to make lasting repairs on all types of faucets, whether the fix requires a packing nut or other parts for replacement.
If what was once a minor leak has suddenly turned into significant water flow you cannot stop, call for emergency plumbing repair service. We have Indianapolis plumbers on call around the clock, every day of the year to make sure our customers have access to professional help when it’s most needed. Quick response and expert repair help protect your home and prevent as much damage as possible resulting from your plumbing emergency.
Signs You Need Faucet Repair
- Persistent dripping or leaks from the faucet
- The handle sticks, or makes squeaking noises when in use
- Irregular spurts of water, or the water is coming out at odd angles
- There are signs of rust and mineral deposits, either on the faucet itself or flecks present in the water
- Knocking or gurgling noises when using the sink
Faucets have many small moving parts that can wear out or break over time. A broken faucet can have a slow leak, wasting hundreds of gallons of water over time. Sometimes, when faucets break, water may begin spraying uncontrollably all over the wall or room. In this situation, it is important to call a plumber for faucet repair services as soon as possible. In the event that your faucet has broken and is spraying water, you can turn off the water using a water shutoff valve in the meantime.
Installing New Faucets to Upgrade Your Home
Sometimes faucets can be damaged beyond repair, and you may need to purchase a new faucet for your kitchen, bathroom, or utility room. It’s amazing how a simple faucet update can almost instantly transformation your bathroom or kitchen! Instead of wrestling with the decision on your own, let our team do the heavy lifting on your behalf. We have the skills and experience needed to do the job quickly and correctly during the first visit. Enjoy the benefits of beautiful new faucets without the headache of doing it yourself.
Most faucets last approximately 10 to 15 years in the home. Ensure your new faucet delivers the function and longevity you expect by having it professionally installed to avoid damage. Williams Comfort Air provides guidance when needed to help you choose the best new faucet for your kitchen or bathroom, then we get to work performing flawless installation so you are able to use it right away!
Know Your Faucets
When you need to replace a faucet, you have many options. There are four general types of faucets used in kitchens and bathrooms throughout the Indianapolis area.
- A ball faucet is a common choice in kitchens. They have one faucet handle that attaches to a round cap over the spout. A metal or plastic ball component housed within the faucet body allows the user to adjust water flow. Ball faucets do not use washers.
- A cartridge faucet has a stem cartridge that moves upwards and downwards to adjust water flow. You’ll know a faucet is a cartridge model if you are able to feel the up and down motion when you turn the handle.
- A disk faucet is a newer option that has a single faucet handle on a thick cylinder for its body. These faucets have a mixing chamber that combines hot and cold water, known as the pressure balance cartridge. There is a ceramic disk down in the chamber that raises and lowers to manage water flow when temperatures are adjusted by handle rotation.
- A compression washer faucet is an older type of faucet. These models are prone to leaks as washers wear out over time. There are two handles that rotate tightly to adjust the flow of water.
Beyond the main faucet categories, homeowners have many options to choose from that offer different aesthetics.
- The common center set faucet is often found in bathrooms. It’s typically a single body faucet with a small, compact footprint.
- A single handle faucet doesn’t require much space or drilling to mount, making it a great choice when space is limited.
- Spread fit faucets have three pieces that are installed separately on the sink’s surface – the main waterspout, and hot and cold control handles.
- Bridge faucets are positioned above the sink’s surface, with hot and cold controls connecting to a center-mounted faucet to create a “bridge.” If you’re looking for a modern, industrial aesthetic, these faucets are a favorite.
- A wall-mounted faucet is mounted on a wall above a sink rather than protruding from the sink’s surface. Use these faucets with decorative sinks that sit higher.
In addition to styles there are many finishes to choose from when buying a new faucet. Brass, stainless steel, zinc, and plastic are options on many faucet models.
Frequently Asked Questions
A leaky faucet that drips at the rate of one drip per second can waste more than 3,000 gallons of water per year.
Typical causes of leaky faucets include corrosion, mineral deposit build ups, and rusty / old gaskets or washers.
A small, simple leak may cost around $20 in wasted water each year. More significant leaks can cost around $60-$200 a year.
Williams Comfort Air’s Service Area
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: (317) 660-6992