Boilers can get a real workout keeping your home warm in the cold Indiana winters. Keeping your boiler working reliably is an absolute must. Williams Comfort Air is the best choice for boiler maintenance, boiler repairs, and boiler installation or replacement work. We’re known as the boiler experts in Indianapolis, ensuring our clients are comfortable and warm all winter long. If you’re needing work on your boiler, just give us a call.
Your boiler system should get checked at least once a year by a licensed professional to make sure the boiler is operating safely and efficiently.
An experienced technician will perform the following checks and adjustments during an annual maintenance inspection:
- Clean the boiler and burner
- Check for proper operation
- Electrical connections are clean and in good condition
- Correct gas pressure and flow
- Burner adjustment using a combustion analyzer
- A flue gas analyser to make sure the boiler is burning the right mixture of gas and air
- Seals are intact
- Electrodes are in a good condition
- Safety devices are checked
- Condensate trap and pipe is not blocked
- Water and gas pipework
We offer maintenance agreements for our clients to ensure their boilers are working efficiently all year long.
Unlike furnaces, boiler repairs aren’t usually mechanical in nature. Our Comfort Consultants will need to assess your specific situation before diagnosing the problem. The Comfort Consultant will come to run tests and ask you questions to figure out the best course of action. Here are some common issues you may experience with a boiler:
- Banging or clanging when the boiler is in use
- A weak pilot flame
- Inability to maintain a steady flow of water
- Unexpectedly high gas bills
While we’re there, we will also perform a safety inspection. We will let you know what options are available to you and have you sign off on any work before we begin. Typical repairs include:
- Welding repairs of cracks or leaks
- Boiler tube repair or replacement
- Boiler feedwater pumps, condensate pumps
- Refractory repairs
- Repairing external piping
- Custom sheet metal ductwork
If it’s time to replace your boiler, we can recommend a new unit and get it installed quickly. Our Comfort Consultants have years of experience diagnosing problems with boilers and can get your unit back up and running in no time.
As your boiler ages, it has to work harder to heat your home. The older your boiler is, the less efficient it is. Since an older boiler has to work harder, it is at a higher risk for malfunctioning. Typically, a boiler will last up to 15 years. To keep your boiler running at its best during that time, we recommend that you have it serviced annually. Yearly maintenance will help maintain efficiency and lower the risk of costly repairs.
Common problems that may mean it’s time to replace your boiler:
- You see yellow flames
- Your boiler needs frequent repairs
- Your energy bills have continually climbed
- You have frequent leaks
- If you notice a lot of corrosion / rust
If you think you may need to replace your boiler, ask one of our Comfort Consultants what your options are. You may only need service or maintenance performed on your boiler. Our experts are able to provide you with all of the options available to you so that you can make an informed decision.