Water Softener Installation and Repair for the Indianapolis Area
Softening of water in Indianapolis area homes works to eliminate problems caused by hard water and high calcium and magnesium content. Installation of a water softener delivers water supply free of hardness, which can be better for the home and its occupants in many ways.
For water softener system installation in your Indianapolis home, call Williams Comfort Air today for help.
Hard Water and Its Effects on Indianapolis Homes
85% of the country has hard water according to HomeWater 101, and Indianapolis is notorious for having some of the hardest water in the country.
Water hardness is the amount of dissolved calcium and magnesium in the water — hard water is high in both of these minerals. The reason you can feel the difference on your skin is because soap reacts with the calcium to form soap scum. This results in the need for more soap or detergent to get things clean. And that’s where the term “hardness” came from… it’s hard to wash in.
The calcium and magnesium in hard water cause problems in your home such as:
- Your skin can feel dry from an invisible soapy film left on it.
- Your hair can look dull and limp from excess filmy shampoo residue.
- Glasses and dishes remain white filmed and spotted even after cleaning.
- Clothes can look gray and dingy because of reduced “sudsing” action.
- Clothes don’t last as long because of the harsh minerals in hard water.
- Clothes can feel stiff or harsh.
- The life of your water heater can be shortened by deposits of scale.
- Utility bills can increase due to accumulated scale in the water heater because scale is a poor conductor of heat which increases the energy needed to heat water.
- The taste of tea and coffee can be affected by hard water.
- Clogged pipes and reduced water flow can be caused by hard water.
- Film and scale can accumulate on tile and bath/kitchen fixtures.
If you notice any of these signs of hard water, our water quality expert is available to visit your home and analyze your water for only $17. Hard water is only one of the things that the water quality analysis can reveal.
Find out if your home and your family can benefit from softened water at home. Call Williams Comfort Air today to speak with our plumbing team about a new softener system.
Indianapolis Water Softener Experts
Indianapolis just might have the hardest water in the country, so it is important to consider adding a water softener to your home. Water softeners remove minerals that cause hard water like calcium and magnesium and replace them with sodium or potassium which are “softer” minerals. These softener systems greatly improve water quality in homes with well water as well as a municipal water source.
How Much Does Water Softener Installation Cost?
Installing a new whole house water softener runs a few thousand dollars on average. These systems last about 10 to 20 years though, which is an excellent service life and plenty of time to return your money several times over, as long as you care for it properly!
What are the benefits of soft water?
Water softener systems help Indianapolis families clean up their water supply and protect against numerous annoying issues with the home plumbing system and beyond. Read on to find out some of the great benefits that come with water softening:
- Soft water will lessen the need for repair to water pipes. The calcium and magnesium in hard water can build up in pipes causing a blockage which can lead to clogs.
- Water-using appliances will last longer. A water treatment system will protect your washing machine, dishwasher, water heater, humidifier, and refrigerator from damaging mineral build-up which will lessen the chance of equipment failure. That means less repair bills and a longer life.
- Clothes will last longer. Clothing is expensive, and we want to get as much wear out of them as possible. Plus we want them to be comfortable. Washing your clothes in hard water can actually harm the fiber of your clothing, and they can feel rough and uncomfortable.
- Your skin and hair will benefit. Soft water allows your skin to be softer and your hair to be healthier by making it easier for bacteria to be washed away.
- Your water will taste better. The minerals in hard water can cause a bad smell and taste. When you add a water softener, it removes the mineral content to produce odorless drinking water that tastes good.
- Save money. While a water softener will be an investment, you can save money on utility bills because water-using appliances will operate more efficiently, using less energy. Plus, since those appliance can have a longer life with soft water, you won’t have to replace them as soon.
- Use less soap for washing clothes. Soap lathers more in soft water which means that you will need less soap to wash your clothes. This can save you money in energy and the cost of soap.
- No more have water spots. Hard water leaves water spots on dishes, glasses, and utensils whether you are washing them by hand or in a dishwasher. Soft water takes care of this by lessening the minerals in the water.
- Less time spent on household cleaning. Soap lathers more in soft water which means that you will need less soap for general cleaning. So, it won’t take you as long to clean because you don’t need as much “elbow grease”.
- More energy efficient water heating. Soft water will lessen the mineral build up in your water heater and heating pipes which can improve the efficiency of the system. This allows for less heat loss and more energy output which can lower your energy bill up to 10%.
- Reduced risk of skin disease. Soft water can give your skin a soft feeling, but it can also decrease skin irritations. Studies show that using a soft water system may help you avoid some skin issues like eczema and other dry skin problems. It can also help you have clearer, more resilient skin.
- Return on your investment. Since soft water can lead to more efficient appliances, less soap usage, and less need for appliance repairs and replacement, you can save enough money over 2 to 4 years to recover your investment in the water softener.
Professional Water Softener Inspection
Our water quality experts are ready to inspect your water softener to make sure that it is operating at its best. The inspection will be conducted by an experienced plumber and will include:
- Water test before & after system
- Check salt levels and bridges
- Check safety float functionality
- Valve, motor, bypass functionality inspection
- Check time, regeneration, cycle settings and flow rate
- Check salt dosage setting
- Backwash performance inspection
- Rinse performance inspection
- Brine tank draw performance inspection
- Brine tank re-fill performance inspection
- Assess resin beads and ion exchange
Earning Trust Since 1966
Williams Comfort Air’s Service Area
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: (317) 660-6992