Rooter Service for Homes in the Greater Indianapolis Area
Rooter service is a type of plumbing repair that addresses any type of sewer line clogs or clogged drains. Roto rooting plumbing service includes running water through your drains, using tools that snake through your drains to unclog them, and sometimes taking parts of the drain pipe system apart so that a plumbing professional can take out some of the clogs manually.
The name originated because of tree roots clogging drains – hence the “rooter” service. As of today, it’s a term that’s used to address all types of drain cleaning and drain clog service.
When searching for the nearest plumber to me for roto rooter service, search no further than Williams Comfort Air! Our licensed plumbers are readily available to tend to any plumbing needs and restore the function of your home’s drain system. We offer emergency service when unexpected problems arise – a plumber is on call all hours of the day and night, every day of the year!
Types of Clogs that Rooter Service Can Fix
Rooter service drain cleaning is designed to solve the common problems of slow and clogged drains. How the clog or blockage affects your drains depends on the type of clog and where it is located.
- Clogs inside one of your home’s drains usually only affects the appliance or fixture closest to the clog. These clogs are usually made up of organic debris such as food scraps, hair, and soap scum.
- If you have a larger clog that blocks your home’s sewer line, it is difficult to notice different symptoms, such as widespread drainage issues in several areas of your home, or minor backups in tubs and showers when a toilet is flushed or your washing machine runs.
- In severe cases, such as a sewer clog, you may experience wastewater backups that flood your home, causing damage and exposing family members to untreated sewage. Sewer clogs are also caused by debris buildup or non-flushable items in the pipes. Outside issues cause blockages, too – tree roots invading and growing into your sewer line in search of water form a living, growing clog that cannot be removed without the help of plumbers near by me who perform professional rooter service.
Some of the most common warning signs that you need to contact a professional plumber for drain cleaning rooter service include:
- Gurgling toilets
- Wastewater backups in one plumbing fixture after you use another (for example, water backing up in your tub after you flush the toilet)
- Wastewater backups that flood your home
- Slow or no drainage
- More than one drain backed up at once
Rooter Services from a Professional Plumber
You should always hire an experienced professional plumber to handle any rooter services needed in your Indianapolis home. When you call for rooter service, an experienced plumber first diagnoses the issue causing your drainage problems, wastewater backups, or other plumbing issues. Depending on the issue at hand, this could involve:
- Visually inspecting plumbing fixtures
- Testing or turning on your plumbing fixtures to observe the problems
- Conducting a video pipe and sewer line inspection to look for deeper clogs and pipe damage
Once the problem has been diagnosed, a professional plumber explains your plumbing service and repair options. If there are any clogs or pipe damage, the next part of your rooter service may involve snaking the drains to remove the clog, removing sections of your home’s piping system, repairing pipes that are damaged, or replacing sewer lines that are beyond repair.
Diagnosing Rooter Plumbing Repair Work
When it comes to plumbing service, surprises aren’t too welcome amongst Indianapolis area homeowners. Williams Comfort Air aims to minimize any surprises with your services through thorough inspections before the job begins.
We utilize a high-tech video drain inspector to help us find out what’s going on in your pipes. Our video scopes make it easy to find the source of any plumbing issues you experience, know where they are, and identify the ideal process to fix the situation. Plus, the high-definition capabilities allow us to gain the best look at the inside of your pipes to know if there are any issues that need to be addressed which normally may not have revealed themselves.
Maintenance to Prevent Rooter Repair Work
Clog prevention is the best way to make sure you don’t need rooter repair work. Clogs can happen in an individual fixture, causing issues such as slow drainage or water backup. Or, you may find you have multiple fixtures backing up – which typically means there is a clog in your main drain system. Stopping clogs through prevention not only eliminates the annoyances of clogged drains, but it helps keep your plumbing pipes in good condition so you avoid leaks and other issues requiring expensive plumbing repairs or pipe replacement.
Here are some things you can do to prevent clogs from occurring.
- Don’t dispose of grease or oil down your drains. Throw this kitchen waste out with the trash.
- Clean drain stoppers regularly – once a week is recommended to remove hair, soap scum, and anything else that has gathered on the stopper.
- Use a straining drain cover in the kitchen sink to capture food particles before they slip into the drain if you do not have a garbage disposal.
- Know what items should be kept out of your garbage disposal – bones, skins, starchy vegetables, pasta, coffee grounds, and other kitchen waste needs to be tossed in the trash because it can collect in drains to form clogs.
- Use a hair-straining drain trap in your shower or tub.
- Bathe your pets outside whenever possible to avoid washing large amounts of pet hair down the drain. When it’s cold outside, be sure to use a straining drain trap to catch pet hair during bath time!
- Only flush toilet paper and waste, and keep all other items out of the toilet, including feminine hygiene products, baby wipes, paper towels, and even products branded as flushable – because truthfully, they typically don’t break down well enough to avoid clogs.
- Teach children the toilet is not a toy. Many clogs are caused by a toy being flushed, so make sure your children know to keep their belongings and all other foreign objects out of the toilet.
- Install a lint catcher for your washing machine drain to trap lint and fabric particles before they’re sent down the drain.
- Be sure your plumbing vent pipe on your roof remains free of obstructions.
Rooter Service May Lead to Pipe Replacement
Cracked sewer pipes pose more than just a costly repair—they create an emergency situation that could result in extensive property damage that is pricey to fix, and lead to serious health risks. Sewer line repair is the first line of defense when an existing sewer line fails. If the sewer line can’t be repaired, sewer line replacement is the only other option. If it comes to that, Williams Comfort Air provides trenchless “no-dig” technology to replace sewer lines without tearing up your yard. We are available to perform emergency service if necessary.
Who Is MAX?
Max is an important part of our team. He is more than just a cartoon character. Max represents our commitment to quality work, craftsmanship, pride, and our passion to serve our clients and community. We celebrate this mentality through Max because these are the values that drive us to be the area’s most complete and comprehensive home service company. So, now when you see Max, you’ll know the story behind the man with the mustache!