Best Gas Furnaces in Indianapolis
Indianapolis area homeowners depend on their furnaces and heating systems to help them through the Midwestern winters both safely and comfortably. When a gas furnace is in need of repairs, maintenance, or even replacement, our Central Indiana neighbors turn to Williams Comfort Air for elite equipment paired with superior service. Our available high efficiency natural gas furnaces deliver unparalleled home comfort through advanced, user-friendly features designed with your needs in mind.
Experienced, Professional, and Fast When You Need Help
Heating and cooling equipment is key when it comes to indoor comfort. When your gas furnace heating system isn’t working, you need fast, experienced help to get it up and running again. Williams Comfort Air provides swift and professional installation, maintenance, repair, and service for gas furnaces throughout Central Indiana, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
A Variety of Options for Gas Furnace Upgrades
With so many options to choose from when you replace your old, unreliable gas furnace with a new, energy efficient model, it’s helpful to obtain some expert advice before you make your decision. Our Comfort Consultants are extremely knowledgeable regarding the different gas furnace products we offer in order to best help you determine the options that will work will in your home.
We educate our customers on all available options as we share how each furnace will operate in the home and what can be expected after installation as far as performance, efficiency, operating costs, and the other factors most important to you. Our team recommends the gas furnaces we believe meet your preferences and the demands of your home so that you are able to make an informed decision when it comes to selection of the right new furnace. From price high to price low, our selection of natural gas furnaces covers the complete spectrum, offering well-suited options for any Indianapolis household.
Once you’ve chosen the new gas furnace best for your household’s heating needs, our NATE-certified furnace installation technicians perform accurate and effective installation for your new model. As a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, each technician on our team has received advanced training direct from the Carrier factory regarding the installation of each Carrier furnace model. This advanced training helps us ensure proper installation of new gas furnaces so they function at maximum efficiency in any home, generating valuable energy savings for our customers.
Selecting a New Gas Furnace for Your Indianapolis Area Home
Gas heat is very popular in Central Indiana homes, thanks to the energy efficient performance of gas heating products coupled with affordable gas energy rates. When purchasing a new gas furnace, Indianapolis homeowners have many product options to decide between. Today’s high efficiency furnaces incorporate a number of technologically advanced features which deliver improved comfort, lower energy consumption, and an all-around better user experience.
As you shop for a new gas furnace to install in your Indianapolis area home, here are some of the key features of a furnace model and how they affect comfort, energy consumption, and more:
A gas furnace’s energy efficiency is expressed as AFUE, which stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. Shown as a percentage, AFUE indicates how efficiently a gas furnace uses the natural gas it consumes. Lower AFUE furnaces produce less heat per unit of energy consumed, while higher AFUE furnaces produce more heat per unit of energy consumed.
New gas furnaces cannot have an AFUE lower than 80%. High efficiency gas furnaces offer an AFUE of 95% or higher. How efficient a gas furnace uses its fuel impacts a homeowner’s operating costs over the furnace’s years of service. Lower AFUE furnaces are more expensive to operate than higher AFUE furnaces, because they consume more natural gas which results in higher energy costs.
In Indiana, ENERGY STAR gas furnaces have a 95% AFUE or more. Purchasing a new gas furnace that is ENERGY STAR-rated provides up to 15% higher energy efficiency compared to base model furnaces, generating energy savings up to $85 per year.
The range of gas furnaces on the market today include single stage, two stage, and variable speed operation. The stages of operation refer to the capacity at which the blower motor is able to operate and distribute warmed air through the home.
- Single stage furnaces only have one operating stage, which means they run at full capacity at all times. Because this type of furnace always works at its maximum capacity, it is the least energy efficient option for homeowners with lower AFUE ratings.
- Two stage furnaces offer two different operating capacities – high output and low output. Typically, the furnace runs on low and switches to high output during very cold periods, as they home can require assistance reaching a comfortable state when the temperature differential between indoor and outdoor air is high. With the ability to operate at a lower setting, a two stage furnace runs quieter than a single stage furnace and also uses less electricity to operate the blower motor.
- Variable speed furnaces utilize an electronically commutated motor (ECM) for the blower, which is able to run at different speeds to achieve precision control over the home’s airflow. An advanced variable speed gas furnace technology results in reduced energy use and higher AFUE ratings, quieter operation, and improved comfort inside the home, as variable speed operation creates a finer balance between air temperature and relative humidity.
Gas Furnace Capacity
The stage may also refer to the heating system’s gas valve and burner operation. These stages also affect how much energy is used by the furnace during operation.
- A single stage gas furnace has a gas valve that flows at a single high rate, so the unit always operates at full capacity. This burns the most fuel, so single stage gas furnaces typically have lower AFUE ratings.
- A two stage gas furnace offers adjustable gas flow between high and low rates, between 70% and 100%. Lower capacity is utilized most often to conserve fuel, with the option for higher capacity operation when needed.
- A multi-stage or modulating gas furnace has a burner that adjusts electronically in order to deliver the precise amount of heat needed to achieve the temperatures set by the home’s thermostat. This variable speed model operates at the lowest capacity most of the time to conserve natural gas, and such units have higher AFUE ratings.
The heat exchanger is the component of a gas furnace which gives off heat to air that passes over the component before the warmed air is circulated into the home. It keeps combustion gasses from the furnace’s combustion chamber separate from the home’s air supply to prevent dangerous carbon monoxide exposure.
All gas furnaces have one heat exchanger inside the model cabinet. Many high efficiency gas furnaces now include a secondary heat exchanger. In a furnace with two heat exchangers, when the byproducts of combustion exit the primary heat exchanger, they enter the secondary heat exchanger, which provides the opportunity for more heat to be released from combustion byproducts for use heating the home’s air. In the secondary heat exchanger, water vapor starts to form from the byproducts, which produces latent heat and further improves the high efficiency of the unit.
Other Gas Furnace Features
Additional features you may encounter while shopping for gas furnaces benefit the model’s energy efficiency, environmental friendliness, and user-friendliness. These may include:
- Low NOx, which releases fewer nitrogen oxide emissions
- Capacity, the furnace must be properly sized for the home to operate efficiently and produce ideal comfort levels
- Hot surface ignition or silicon carbide ignition, which eliminate the pilot light found in older gas furnace models for better energy efficiency.
- Advanced filtration for better indoor air quality
- On-board diagnostics and maintenance reminders
- Communicating technology
Who Is MAX?
Max is an important part of our team. He is more than just a cartoon character. Max represents our commitment to quality work, craftsmanship, pride, and our passion to serve our clients and community. We celebrate this mentality through Max because these are the values that drive us to be the area’s most complete and comprehensive home service company. So, now when you see Max, you’ll know the story behind the man with the mustache!