The Best Water Quality Analysis in Indianapolis
Our water quality experts know how to properly assess your home’s water quality, listen to your concerns, and recommend the best solutions to improve the quality of your water. We can identify problems such as hard water, chlorine, and total dissolved solids (TDS) with our water quality analysis service. We test for:
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
- Ferric Iron
- Ferrous Iron
- Bacterial Iron
- Hydrogen Sulfide
Are you ready to find out what’s in your water?
What About Hard Water?
Water hardness is the amount of dissolved minerals in the water — hard water is high in both calcium and magnesium. The reason you can feel the difference on your skin is because soap reacts with the calcium to form soap scum. This results in the need for more soap or detergent to get things clean. And that’s where the term “hardness” came from… it’s hard to wash in.
The calcium and magnesium in hard water cause problems in your home such as:
- Glasses and dishes remain white filmed and spotted even after cleaning.
- Clothes can look gray and dingy because of reduced “sudsing” action.
- Clothes don’t last as long because of the harsh minerals in hard water.
- Clothes can feel stiff or harsh.
- The taste of tea and coffee can be affected by hard water.
- Clogged pipes and reduced water flow can be caused by hard water.
- Film and scale can accumulate on tile and bath/kitchen fixtures.
- Your skin can feel dry from an invisible soapy film left on it.
- Your hair can look dull and limp from excess filmy shampoo residue.
- The life of your water heater can be shortened by deposits of scale.
- Utility bills can increase due to accumulated scale in the water heater because scale is a poor conductor of heat which increases the energy needed to heat water.
Do you have any of the above signs of hard water? Our water quality expert can visit your home and analyze your water for only $17. Hard water is only one of the things that the water quality analysis can reveal.
Chlorine in your drinking water
For over 100 years, we have relied on chlorine to sanitize our water and kill undesired microorganisms, and it has done a good job. However, there are still some downsides to using chlorine to treat our water.
Treating water with chlorine does not completely ensure the faucets in our home are providing drinking water with absolutely no unwanted microorganisms. Bacteria such as e-coli can still occasionally be found in chlorinated tap water. Chlorine treatment doesn’t guarantee safe drinking water.
You can read about the numerous health concerns related to chlorinated water here.
The above article asks us “Do you know what happens when you put chlorine into a fish bowl?” Sadly, the answer is that all of the fish will die. That is why fish tanks come with a dechlorinator. You might ask “why are we drinking and showering in chlorinated water?”
Our water quality expert can visit your home and analyze your water. Chlorine is only one of the things that the water quality analysis can reveal.
Interesting Facts About Drinking Water
- By the time you feel thirsty, your body has lost more than 1 percent of its total water
- Approximately 80% of your brain tissue is made of water (about the same percentage found in a living tree).
- The average amount of water you need per day is about 3 liters (13 cups) for men and 2.2 liters (9 cups) for women.
- .Water makes up approximately 70% of a human’s body weight – but DO NOT stop drinking water to lose weight!
- Drinking water can help you lose weight by increasing your metabolism, which helps burn calories quicker.
- Drinking enough water everyday can help reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer. Water helps flush toxins out of your body, and the fewer toxins that come into contact with your colon, bladder, and other organs, the less chance that critical ailments can develop.
- Good hydration can help reduce cavities and tooth decay. Water helps produce saliva, which keeps your mouth and teeth clean.
- Good hydration can prevent arthritis. With plenty of water in your body, there is less friction in your joints, thus less chance of developing arthritis.
- The average person can live without food for nearly a month, but we could only survive about one week without water—that’s how essential water is to human life.
Williams Comfort Air’s Service Area
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: (317) 660-6992