Indianapolis Water Line Repairs and Installation Services
Water lines are responsible for transporting fresh, clean water to your homes. Your water line is connected to the city’s main line and kept separate from your sewer line to prevent contamination. While your water line is usually designed to last a long time, unforeseen circumstances can cause damage to your water line underground and affect your entire home.
As water lines age, they can become more vulnerable to the effects of mineral buildup, freezing and thawing, ground movement, water pressure, and even tree root intrusion. Damage to your water line can cause anything from discolored water to reduced water pressure. While these may not be alarming signs, they could quickly lead to the need for emergency replacement.
If you suspect an issue with your home’s water line, call Williams Comfort Air today! Our plumbing professionals will inspect the line for issues and perform water line repair if necessary.
Damage to Underground Water Line
The main water pipe buried on the property can sustain damage, causing the water line to leak. These plumbing system leaks may be caused by a number of different sources, including:
- Ground freezing and thawing
- Shifting soil surrounding the water line
- Pest and rodent damage
- Wear and tear
- High water pressure in the line
- Mineral buildup in the water line
- Tree root penetrations
Common Problems Affecting Water Lines
The various forces mentioned above can cause a variety of different issues affecting a home’s main water line. Some common problems solved through water line services are:
- Water valve leaks
- Pipe cracks
- Broken pipes
- Corroded pipes
- Mineral deposits in pipe
Signs of a Broken Water Line
Since damage to the water line can’t be seen, Indianapolis homeowners need to be aware of the signs that can occur when such issues arise. Below are some indications that the main water line to your home is leaking and your water line needs to be repaired or replaced:
- Low water pressure throughout the home
- Water discoloration, which can indicate dirt and other materials are able to infiltrate the water line through a break
- Sudden increase of your water bill that cannot be explained – increases of 20 percent or more are commonly caused by leaks
- Vibrations coming from the home’s water pipes when no water is running
- Cracks in the home’s foundation
- Mold and mildew growth on the home’s lower levels
- Saturation or puddles on your lawn, especially during periods of dry weather
- Wet spots on flooring inside the home, either in carpeting or beneath the subfloor
- Bubbling water in the street
If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to call Williams Comfort Air for water line repair or replacement services. Let our experienced plumbers come diagnose the problem and get to work by implementing effective repair services.
How to Know If You Need to Replace or Repair Your Water Line?
Many homeowners are faced with this question every year when their water service line requires repair work. A typical homeowner will not know whether a partial repair or replacing the entire water line is required. However, there are factors that determine whether you should repair or replace your water line.
- The material of your water line pipe — Some materials can’t be repaired. Your plumber should tell you what material the water line is made of and what options you have based on that knowledge.
- The age of your water line — The useful life of a typical water service line just over 50 years. If your water line has issues and is over 50 years old then it most likely needs to be replaced.
- Previous repairs — Knowing if your water line has been worked on in the past is important. If an older water line is repaired it is more likely to break again.
- Price difference — A general rule of thumb is that if a repair costs 50% – or more than the cost of a replacement, then you should consider doing the replacement.
Water Line Repair Services
Video inspection equipment is commonly used to take a look inside the water line. Using video equipment, the location of the leak is identified. A plumber also inspects conditions within the piping to determine the water line’s general condition.
If your home’s water line has been damaged, pipe repairing methods are used to repair water line breaks or replace the line altogether. Trenchless water line repair provides a minimally invasive method to make repairs or perform replacement on underground water lines without extensive excavation, as is required with traditional water line repair and replacement efforts.
For water line repairs, trenchless methods can be used to apply lining to underground piping, which solves water leaks and essentially builds a new pipe within the old, damaged one. Cracks in the water pipe are sealed and the interior diameter is slightly decreased due to the new lining. For replacement of pipes, trenchless water line services use a specialized machine which removes the old pipe and installs new pipe simultaneously.
This method of pipe repairing can be performed in a shorter amount of time, as there is no major digging or groundbreaking required. It also eliminates the need for expensive and time-consuming digging for leak location. As such, trenchless water line repair is typically the most affordable option for repairs and replacement for damaged water lines.
Trenchless water line repair and replacement services offers a solution to solve most any water line issue. This quick and reliable technique delivers effective water line repair and replacement without the disruption of traditional excavation methods.
Once repairs or replacement for your water line are complete, the work is tested using pressure to identify any leaks present.
Benefits of Trenchless Water Pipe Line Installation and Repairs
- Pipe repairing with trenchless technology can be performed much quicker than traditional methods. With no digging required, most pipe repairs are completed in only a day or two.
- Excavation for pipe repairs spells devastation for property owners – but with trenchless repairs, you never have to worry about your landscaping being destroyed.
- Trenchless repairs are performed faster and require less equipment, making them a more cost-effective method of repairs.
- There’s no need to dig or break up pavement, or divert cars from the roadway, which is less disruptive to the neighborhood.
- Trenchless water lines last longer than those installed by traditional methods, so homeowners benefit from longer service life with their new water line repair.
Call Williams Comfort Air today and learn more about the benefits of trenchless water line services and how they make your plumbing problems more manageable.
Williams Comfort Air’s Service Area
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: (317) 660-6992