How Can You Protect Your Home from Water Leaks?
Did you know that water damage is a leading cause of avoidable homeowner’s insurance claims? Unfortunately, water leaks can start small and cause significant damage before you realize the issue. Put an end to undetected water leaks and the damage they cause with the Moen Flo water monitor system.
A water leak has the potential to cause thousands in cleanup and repair expenses, not to mention the headache of dealing with the mess and the loss of valuables and irreplaceable items. The Moen Flo works to track water usage in your home and detect irregularities that alert you of leaks.
Learn what the Moen Flo does for Indianapolis homes and talk to the plumbing pros of Williams Comfort Air today! We install the Moen Flo water monitoring system, providing you peace of mind that it is installed and working correctly to safeguard your home and its contents. Contact us today to learn more about this security measure for your Indianapolis plumbing system!
The Moen Flo Water Monitoring System
The Moen Flo water monitoring system is a security device installed directly in-line to your home’s main cold water intake line. The system is shown to greatly decrease the occurrence of major water damage events in homes that use it. The Moen Flo actively monitors the plumbing lines throughout your home to detect vulnerabilities and signs that point to water leaks.
The Moen Flo features innovative technology and sensors that track water pressure, temperature, and flow through the home’s main water supply line. When the Moen Flo detects conditions that could indicate water leaks, it helps you to troubleshoot the location of the leak, isolate water fixtures that are potential sources, and help your plumber help you solve your home’s water issues right away.
Intelligent Water Monitoring
You know how a smart thermostat picks up on your family’s temperature preferences and HVAC system usage habits? The Moen Flo does the same thing where your home’s water use is concerned! With the help of proprietary artificial intelligence technology, the Moen Flo learns your water use habits to create a baseline for your water consumption. It learns when your family showers, if water-using chores are done daily or on a different schedule, and more!
With this information, the Moen Flo knows what is normal for water consumption in your home. Combined with temperature and pressure monitoring, the Moen Flo is able to detect when leaks may be present – even leaks as minimal as one drip per minute!
The Key is Pressure Monitoring
Water pressure in your house is easily compared to blood pressure in the body. When your blood pressure rises, your body is placed under unneeded stress, which leads to damage. Your home’s water lines are similar – high water pressure stresses plumbing components, which leads to damage that causes leaks.
The Moen Flo makes it a point to carefully monitor water pressure, which allows the system to sense even very tiny water leaks anywhere in your plumbing system. Most other water meters and leak detection systems are unable to do this.
With the Moen Flo, water pressure in your home is monitored throughout the day. If water pressure levels reach a high point, alerts are sent to your smartphone to shine a light on potential plumbing problems in your home. This way, you get the help your system needs to correct the issue before extensive water damage affects your home.
Smart Features of the Moen Flo
Through the use of innovative plumbing technology, the Moen Flo delivers the ultimate protection against water damage in your Indianapolis home. With the Moen Flo, your home is equipped with the following features:
- The Moen Flo’s MicroLeak™ technology conducts pressure-loss testing on an automatic daily basis. MicroLeak helps uncover even the most minor of water leaks, which typically go undiscovered until you find them due to the damage they cause.
- The Moen Flo features automatic shut-off, which shuts off your home’s water supply when major leaks are detected. This feature alone is invaluable in the protection it offers against major water damage.
- Users are able to access remote shut-off to cut off the home’s water supply even when you are gone.
- Maintenance, leak detection, and troubleshooting alerts are delivered to help homeowners care for their home plumbing systems, avoid water damage issues, and seek professional plumbing help when warranted.
- With the Moen Flo mobile app, notifications are sent to your smartphone or other device as soon as the system detects an issue. As long as it is connected to Wi-Fi, you are kept in constant connection with your Moen Flo water monitoring system. The mobile app is available for Android and iOS devices.
- The Moen Flo mobile app allows you to closely monitor your home’s water use. The information collected by the Moen Flo is used to help you set goals and make water conservation a priority in your home.
- The Moen Flo features integration with smart home platforms including Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT. Integrate with your home’s other smart devices and systems to enhance your user experience.
- An optional FloProtect monthly subscription delivers enhanced features including in-depth analytics, water concierge, and proactive monitoring services. This subscription includes a three-year extended warranty for your Moen Flo device. With the FloProtect program, you’re also financially protected against water damage – insurance deductibles for water damage claims are reimbursed up to $2,500.
Water Damage Statistics
Water damage is a leading cause of insurance claims for homes, leading to significant expenses and destruction. These U.S. water damage statistics further demonstrate why the installation of a Moen Flo water monitoring system is a smart idea for your family.
- One out of every 50 insured homes in the U.S. have a water damage claim each year.
- You are five times more likely to experience water damage at home than theft, and water damage is six times more likely to occur than damage resulting from fire.
- The average loss for a homeowner associated with water damage claims is $10,234.
- The loss to insurance companies for yearly water damage claims totals around $2.5 billion.
- Throughout the years of owning a home, about 40 percent of homeowners experience water damage.
- Each day, approximately 14,000 homeowners rush home to address surprise water leaks.
- Over a home’s life, 98 percent of basements experience water damage.
- The average house wastes 17 gallons of water each day due to leaks.
- Ten percent of homes have water leaks wasting at least 90 gallons of water each day, that homeowners aren’t even aware of.
- A 1/8-inch pipe crack has the ability to cause as much as 250 gallons of water loss in a day’s time.
Being proactive about water leak detection has the ability to spare your home from major water damage. In fact, the installation of systems like the Moen Flo is something many insurers want to see! While these devices protect you from the misfortune of major water damage, in some cases they also help you cut your insurance premiums. Check with your insurance provider to see if they provide a discount for the installation of a Moen Flo water monitoring system.
More Ways to Prevent Water Damage in Indianapolis
The installation of a Moen Flo is a great step to take towards the prevention of water leaks and their resulting damage. Additionally, more steps you should take to prevent water damage in your Indianapolis home include:
- Stay on top of maintenance for your water heater and other plumbing appliances and fixtures. Annual maintenance is a must, plus regular inspections to detect leaks from these sources. A failed water heater has the potential to dump dozens of gallons of water into your home – this source of water damage can occur before the water heater reaches its maximum expected service life. Know when to prepare for replacement of your plumbing appliances to prevent water damage.
- Appliance hoses, such as on washing machines, dishwashers, and refrigerators need to be inspected annually. If they are worn or brittle, replace them. It’s best to choose higher quality replacement components to prevent water damage.
- Shut off your water-consuming appliances before you leave the house for extended periods. Never leave a dishwasher or washing machine mid-cycle if no one will be home.
- Check your plumbing lines to ensure they are in good condition with no cracks. Since most of your plumbing is tucked within walls or otherwise out of sight, a plumber is an excellent resource for a plumbing system inspection.
- Make sure everyone in your household knows where the water main line shut-off valve is located. It’s also helpful to locate individual fixture shut-offs, which are typically located on the wall behind or near the fixture. If a leak occurs, you want to shut off water as soon as possible to prevent water damage.
Have Williams Comfort Air Install a New Moen Flo Water Monitoring System
Protect your family, your home, and your valuables from water damage when you have a Moen Flo water monitoring system installed at your Indianapolis residence. Our licensed plumbers provide reliable installation and setup so your home is protected – contact us today to learn more about the Moen Flo or to schedule installation!